Uodate: No food trucks on September 14.
Odour Updates and Storm Pond Restoration:
- Update on odour in McKenzie Towne – https://www.evanspencer.ca/odour_update_may_2023
- Sediment Removal update for Inverness stormpond (McKenzie Towne Lake) – “The sediment removal went fairly smooth. The rough estimation it is around 7800 m3, or 14040 tons, or 1560 trips were done by tandem trucks. The restoration is ongoing and we will be having an inspection of the restoration effort results in two weeks.”
Roads and Planning:
- Roads and Planning Update;
- 13417 52 ST SE (LOWE’S ENTRANCE) – Pedestrian improvements.
- MCKENZIE TOWNE DR & MCKENZIE TOWNE GA SE – Pedestrian crossing: overhead flasher.
- Concrete repairs – MCKENZIE TOWNE GA SE & HIGH ST SE; 1036 PRESTWICK CI SE; 944 PRESTWICK CI SE
- Additional westbound left‐turn lane – 130 AV & 46 ST SE; 130 AV & 48 ST SE
- City of Calgary is offering digital help to local businesses. Digital Service Squad Program (calgary.ca) https://www.calgary.ca/for-business/support/digital-service-squad.html
- City of Calgary is offering help to Restaurateurs and Brewers. They can contact a Business Experience Rep to ask questions. https://www.calgary.ca/planning/live-chat.html?redirect=/livechat –
- Community Food Map Resource (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1MzdOiEEK_AG4FOF5x_m02EIv_IEP3fhf&%3Bll=50.34021628477186%2C-113.7646769&%3Bz=8&ll=51.03334627941843%2C-114.07405260000002&z=11) – A sharable google map has been developed to help Calgarians find access to food resources. The resources on the map include: No Cost Food Hampers and Baskets, Community Food Pantries, Food Bank Referrals, Good Food Box Pick Up Locations, Fresh Routes Mobile Market, Free and Low-Cost Meals, Baby Supplies, Grocery Delivery Services and Free Bagged Lunches for Kids and Youth.
Free Summer Programs (https://www.calgary.ca/parks-rec-programs/free-activities.html?redirect=/free) – Fun and free programs and activities are coming to communities across Calgary this summer.
- Parents can bring their children to both structured and open play opportunities, featuring games, arts, crafts, entertainment and educational experiences;
- Youth can learn leadership skills and critical thinking in our LEAD programs;
- Teens and adults can take part in a guided workout with a certified trainer at one of our Fit Parks; and,
- Calgarians of all ages can stay active and have a blast at our mobile skateparks and tennis/pickleball courts.